The Young Nonprofit Professionals Network of Greater Omaha and the Nonprofit Association of the Midlands have partnered together to enhance the leadership capacity of young nonprofit professionals in the Omaha metro community through the Rising Leaders Institute (RLI).
A new ynpnGO program featuring NAM sponsored content, RLI is a one year program where 15 young professionals will learn the skills necessary to achieve a nonprofit leadership position through (1) mentoring and (2) facilitated discussion with subject matter experts.
- Rising Leaders will have the opportunity to select a Nonprofit Executive Institute alumni mentor of their choice.
- Facilitated discussion will revolve around leadership competencies including Leading the Organization, Leading Others, Leading Oneself, and Context-Specific Leadership.
Rising Leaders will meet every other month, beginning in February, and will meet with their mentors in the off months. Participants in the program are expected to attend all six RLI sessions and attend four Young Nonprofit Professional Network of Greater Omaha events throughout the year. You must be a member of ynpnGO to apply for the Rising Leaders Institute. Become a member of ynpnGO today!
Are you thinking about applying to RLI but need to convince your employer? Share this case statement with them so they can understand the value of having an employee participate in the Rising Leaders Institute. Consider asking them to sponsor your participation in the program!
Applications for Class 2 of RLI are now closed. Keep an eye out in 2020 for applications for Class 3!
RLI is a ynpnGO program with Nonprofit Association of the Midlands sponsored content.
Meet Class 2 of the Rising Leaders Institute
These 15 Rising Leaders will be learning and sharing knowledge with their peers for a full year, building leadership capacity to get them to the next stage in their nonprofit careers. Congrats Class 2!
- Abby Hughes - Nonprofit Association of the Midlands
- Andrew Klinkenborg - Fontenelle Forest
- Brittany Burling - RISE
- Brittney Livingston - Project Everlast - Nebraska Children and Families Foundation
- Caitlin Osborn - Amplify Arts
- Craig Beck - Open Sky Policy Institute
- Eyerusalem Lemma Gehringer - Women's Center for Advancement
- Gina Keplinger - Nebraska Writers Collective
- Juan Padilla - Omaha Community Foundation
- Katherine MacHolmes - Inclusive Communities
- Katie Cunningham - College Possible
- Nicole Murphy - Eastern Nebraska Community Action Partnership
- Shelby Rust - Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- Tamara Dwyer - Metro Area Continuum of Care for the Homeless
- Tommy Young-Dennis - Nebraska AIDS Project
Meet Class 1 of the Rising Leaders Institute
These 10 Rising Leaders will be learning and sharing knowledge with their peers for a full year, building leadership capacity to get them to the next stage in their nonprofit careers. Congrats Class 1!